Solutions / Software Engineer
Full-time. Must be ready to learn genetics, bioinformatics, workflow, and system design. You will be analyzing large clinical informatics and bioinformatics data sets and building multiple enterprise level solutions that connect every aspect of the lab from clinical services to data research. Core Technology-Stack includes: SQL, Node, JQuery, Java, Scala, Python, R, and many more. Minimum Requirement: BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics.
Key Job Elements:
We are seeking a full-time entry-level Solutions/Software Engineer to join our fast growing family. We’re an engineering focused culture with multiple technical teams: Web, Workflow, Distributed Systems, Bioinformatics, and IT.
We’re the backbone of the company and work closely with other teams: Lab, Genetic Scientists, Research, Client Services, Marketing, Sales, and Management.
You'll be evaluating processes, building solutions, developing algorithms, coordinating projects, and managing genetic data. You are expected to learn about bioinformatics, genetics, and medical science to aid the diagnostic quest to improve the lives of the patients around the world.
- Exceptional ability at learning additional industries (Genetics, and etc.)
- Exceptional ability at data analysis and creative thinking
- Exceptional ability at understanding computer science concepts
- Exceptional ability at understanding mathematical concepts
- Exceptional ability with java, scala, python, R, scripts
- Exceptional ability with SQL, PL/SQL
- Exceptional ability with User Interface Design
- Exceptional ability with Computer Architecture and Computer Science
- Experience with GIT Source Control, Windows, and Linux
- Experience manipulating data such as JSON, XML, CSV, XLSX, TXT
- Understanding of User Locus of Control
- Understanding of Requirements Analysis
- Strong communication skills. Works well in teams.
- Minimum BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
Nice To Haves:
- Deep understanding of Networks, Security, Computation, Algorithms
- Understanding of Bioinformatics, Genetics, Biology
- Experience with Oracle, Sqlite, and others (MySql, PostgreSQL, NoSQL)
- Experience with C/C++/Mobile
- Experience with Python, Bash, Regular Expression